Native Redaction Process Delivers $4.3M in Client Savings
- During the launch of a large products liability case, it was determined over 20 million pages of New Drug Application (NDA) files needed to be reviewed and redacted for patient information prior to production to plaintiff’s counsel. The initial budget for this scope of work was estimated between $5M to $10M.
- Vetted full suite of technical accelerators to determine best solution for large scale searchable PDF files that could be redacted using search and redact technology
- Modified existing proprietary native redaction workflow tool to meet large scale demand and aggressive schedule
- Technology and Review teams implemented over 100 licenses and trained over 100 global team members across India and US delivery centers
- Team was able to redact all patient information from over 20 million pages of NDA files in less than 6 weeks
- The precision and recall rates were significantly high given the ability to leverage technology based search for both redaction application and QC methods
- UnitedLex delivered the total scope of work for just 22% of the original budget, saving the client over $4.3M