Questio Uncovers Key Evidence in Internal Investigation
- A Global Fortune 10 Energy Company was investigating the validity of anonymous allegations involving financial irregularities between employees and vendors/suppliers, with most communications and documents shared between parties made in Chinese.
- Internal investigations and forensics teams had performed a cursory review of pre-culled data, totaling 81K documents that were mostly in Chinese. To perform a deeper investigation, the client engaged UnitedLex to identify key evidence.
- UnitedLex followed an iterative process that leveraged the client’s internal teams, a native speaker and translation technology coupled with communication analysis to identify links between vendors and employees.
- Within nine days, the Questio team analyzed 81K documents and identified 107 key documents that validated allegations.
- Key documents identified included financial reports and balance sheets emailed between outside the client’s network and reimbursements to a bank account provided.
- Key documents supported termination of employees based on violation of corporate policies.